|Job Title: Assistant Site Supervisor
||Start Date: Immediately
|Location: Montague, PE
||End Date: December 23rd, 2022
BGC Charlottetown & Montague is a community-based, charitable organization dedicated to meeting the needs of young people through a variety of quality, structured educational, remedial, and recreational programs.
Through our guiding principles; Belonging, Respect, Encouragement and Support, Working Together, and Speaking Out, we strive for children and youth to discover and achieve their dreams and to be helpful, successful and active participants in society.
The BGC Montague Afterschool Program will run Monday-Friday from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm. The Assistant Site Supervisor will be required to work 37.5 hours per week; the hours of work are 10:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday to Friday. The program serves 24 participants everyday.
The Assistant Site Supervisor is a dual supervisory, administrative assistant role. In this position a successful candidate will be able to provide valuable and concise administrative and program related support to the Site Supervisor, Program Leaders, and participants.
During program hours, the Assistant Site Supervisor will be on the floor engaging with participants, participating in programs and activities, and ensuring the smooth operation of our daily programs.
- Communication/correspondence with parents/guardians
- Identification of missing or required program and facility supply
- Providing administrative office assistance to Site Supervisor
- Assisting with the on boarding of new participants and families through the sandbox program
- Assisting with the hiring, onboarding and training of new staff
- Assisting with the development of staff training
- Provide support, instruction and feedback to program leaders as required
- Supervision of Program Leaders and Volunteers during operational hours
- Assisting in the management of complex behaviors.
- Assist in the physical upkeep of the Center, equipment, and supplies.
- Recording and communicating pertinent information obtained through parent/community contacts in conjunction with the Site supervisor and Program Manager
- Actively Participate in all program activities, including but not limited to Arts and Crafts, Gym Activities, indoor and outdoor play, workshops/skill development
- Attend/participate/schedule parent meetings as required
- Attend/participate/schedule Staff meetings as required
- Serve as point of contact for Site Supervisor, performing all associated tasks and duties of that individual should the supervisor be absent/off site.
- Responsibilities outside of the scope of those described above as necessary
Knowledge and Abilities:
A successful candidate will be able to display the following knowledge, traits, and abilities:
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- An ability to create meaningful and lasting connections with youth
- An understanding of the needs of the youth within our program
- The ability to lead and work within a team
- Strong organizational Skills
- The ability to communicate effectively with both youth and adults
- Ability to quickly learn new technology, software and systems (asset)
- Experience with HR systems (asset)
- Experience working with youth aged 5-12.
- Possess a High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- Individual’s must be at least 18 years of age
- Has/can obtain a First Aid & CPR certificate
- Has/Can obtain a clean Criminal Record and VSS check within 6 months
If interested, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org